Fast Track to Scala
This two-day course is designed to give experienced developers proficient in Java, C++, C# or Ruby the know-how to confidently start programming in Scala. The course ensures you will have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the language, the tooling and the development process as well as a good appreciation of the more advanced features. If you already have Scala programming experience, then this course could be a useful refresher, yet no previous knowledge of Scala is assumed.
Prerequisites: Students should bring their own laptop with Java 6 or higher installed.
After having participated in this course you should
- be a competent user of Scala for application development
- know and be able to apply the functional programming style in Scala
- know how to use the fundamental Scala tools
- be confident to start using Scala in production applications
- First steps in Scala
- OO basics
- Collections and functional programming
- For-expressions and loops
- Inheritance and traits
- Pattern Matching
- Dealing with optional values